Forum: Ruby on Rails RJS support "toggle" effect?

Jeff C. (Guest)
on 2006-04-08 01:57
Does RJS inherently support the Element.toggle effect?  I haven't been
able to call it the way you call "appear", "fade", etc...

Jeff
Joe C. (Guest)
Yes, you should be able to do:

page.toggle 'element'

--
Joe C.
RailsPlayground.com
Joe C. wrote:
> Yes, you should be able to do:
>
> page.toggle 'element'
>
> --
> Joe C.
> RailsPlayground.com

Thanks Joe!  Whether here or on the support forum, you've always got an
answer :)

I was trying "page.visual_effect :toggle", instead of the right syntax.

Jeff
Cody F. (Guest)
You can also use a visual effect for more stylish toggling.  The three
toggle effects are :toggle_appear, :toggle_slide and :toggle_blind

page.visual_effect :toggle_appear, 'element'

On 4/7/06, Jeff C.man <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> answer :)

Cody F.
http://www.codyfauser.com
Jeff C. (Guest)
on 2006-04-09 00:17
Cody F. wrote:
> You can also use a visual effect for more stylish toggling.  The three
> toggle effects are :toggle_appear, :toggle_slide and :toggle_blind
>
> page.visual_effect :toggle_appear, 'element'
>
> On 4/7/06, Jeff C.man <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> answer :)
>>

> --
> Cody F.
> http://www.codyfauser.com

Thanks, Cody!  That's even nicer.  I'm looking forward to your book on
RJS by the way :)

Jeff
Cody F. (Guest)
> Thanks, Cody!  That's even nicer.  I'm looking forward to your book on
> RJS by the way :)
>
> Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I'm working really hard on getting it finished :)

On 4/8/06, Jeff C.man <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> --

Cody F.
http://www.codyfauser.com