Forum: Typo The sidebar issue in HEAD

Piers C. (Guest)
Sorry for any problems you've been experiencing folks. I'm trying to
get sidebars to a point where we can test them automatically, which
will hopefully mean that problems like you've been experiencing will
be a thing of of the past.

I am, however, reasonably confident that, with the current trunk (r999
and above), and starting from an empty sidebars table[1] you should be
able
to populate your sidebar quite happily from the standard sidebar set
and have your changes saved without any problems.

If anyone is still having problems with core sidebars, starting from
an empty sidebar, then please start a ticket in the trac[2] with as
much information as possible including log traces and exactly what it
was you were trying to do.

I'm afraid my time to work on this is somewhat limited all of a
sudden; I've just had a big influx of paying work that's eating into
my time -- instead of having three or four days a week to work on typo
I'm
going to be lucky to grab one or two for the next while.

1. You can empty your production sidebars table by doing:

  $ ./script/runner -e production 'Sidebar.delete_all'

If you're running in development mode, replace 'production' with
'development' and it should purge the table. However, only do this if
you've got problems with your current sidebar set.

2. http://www.typosphere.org/trac
phil (Guest)
I'm not getting any results with Live Search, I'm running trunk - have
done all my migrations successfully (thanks to the advice on the list to
downgrade rake to 0.7.0).  Here I search for 'bsd', which should give a
bunch of results, but instead shows nothing:

Processing LiveController#search (for 199.249.176.251 at 2006-04-07
11:14:53) [POST]
  Parameters: {"action"=>"search", "controller"=>"live"}
Rendering live/search
Completed in 0.00961 (104 reqs/sec) | Rendering: 0.00488 (50%) | DB:
0.00080 (8%) | 200 OK [http://fak3r.com/live/search]

Processing LiveController#search (for 199.249.176.251 at 2006-04-07
11:14:56) [POST]
  Parameters: {"fr"=>"", "action"=>"search", "controller"=>"live"}
Rendering live/search
Completed in 0.00955 (104 reqs/sec) | Rendering: 0.00499 (52%) | DB:
0.00099 (10%) | 200 OK [http://fak3r.com/live/search]

Processing LiveController#search (for 199.249.176.251 at 2006-04-07
11:14:57) [POST]
  Parameters: {"freebsd"=>"", "action"=>"search", "controller"=>"live"}
Rendering live/search
Completed in 0.00941 (106 reqs/sec) | Rendering: 0.00468 (49%) | DB:
0.00097 (10%) | 200 OK [http://fak3r.com/live/search]

== However ==

If I hit 'Return' while still in the live search box, the page
refreshes, and all of a sudden I have all of my 'bsd' result articles on
the page.

http://fak3r.com - you dont have to kick it
Jack Schwarz (Guest)
Phil,

I think this is an issue with Scribbish. Try the same with Azure. I
actually have the same problem. Honestly, it is a real pain that the
themes that I use constantly break when Typo updates.

Good luck,

Jack
Piers C. (Guest)
Piers C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

> Sorry for any problems you've been experiencing folks. I'm trying to
> get sidebars to a point where we can test them automatically, which
> will hopefully mean that problems like you've been experiencing will
> be a thing of of the past.

Oops, guess who forgot to run svn add? No wonder I couldn't replicate
the issue. Fixed in r1001 I hope.