Forum: Typo Strange problem

mathew (Guest)
If you look at http://meta.ath0.com/articles/page/2 there's a posting
titled "Equilibrium".

If you click on the title, you get "Post not found".

Any idea why this might be happening? Nothing appears in the logs.

mathew
mathew (Guest)
mathew wrote:
> If you look at http://meta.ath0.com/articles/page/2 there's a posting
> titled "Equilibrium".
>
> If you click on the title, you get "Post not found".
>
> Any idea why this might be happening? Nothing appears in the logs.

Found the cause. A spambot had posted a comment that was causing typo to
fail. I removed the comment via psql.

mathew
Scott L. (Guest)
Yikes.  Which version of Typo and which DB?  Do you still have a copyof
the comment, or do you have the backtrace in the logs that showswhat
happened?

Scott
On 4/7/06, mathew <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:> mathew wrote:>
> If you look
at http://meta.ath0.com/articles/page/2 there's a posting> > titled
"Equilibrium".> >> > If you click on the title, you get "Post not
found".> >> > Any idea why this might be happening? Nothing appears in
the logs.>> Found the cause. A spambot had posted a comment that was
causing typo to> fail. I removed the comment via psql.>>> mathew>
What kind of comment causes Typo to fail?  Could you post the text here?
mathew (Guest)
Scott L. wrote:
> Yikes.  Which version of Typo and which DB?

PostgreSQL, trunk from a week or two ago, Rails 1.1. If you want me to
be more precise, you'll need to tell me which file might have a useful
version ID...  (It'd be a good idea to make the admin interface display
that info, yes?)

>   Do you still have a copyof the comment, or do you have the backtrace in the logs that
showswhat happened?

There was no backtrace in the logs.

The spambot in question visits me on a regular basis. It posts
MIME-encoded crap, apparently thinking it'll get sent as e-mail or
something. It always uses my domain as the e-mail address, which ought
to make it really easy to block if blacklisting on anything other than
IP address is possible.

Next time I get one I'll try and extract the data and forward it. This
time I just did
DELETE FROM CONTENTS WHERE EMAIL MATCHES '%meta.ath0.com'

mathew