Forum: Ruby Re: Markov Chains (#74)

Kroeger, Simon (ext) (Guest)
"moby dick - but it was that inscrutable ahab said to have two
harpoons and lances, and feel thus intolerably old? close!
stand by for it. it is a witchery of social czarship which there
was a wilderness of ropes and hawsers chained down to ringbolts"

*rofl* this is realy a good one James!

Do you have any preferernces for the command line parameters?

cheers

Simon
James G. (Guest)
On Apr 7, 2006, at 9:21 AM, Kroeger, Simon (ext) wrote:

> "moby dick - but it was that inscrutable ahab said to have two
> harpoons and lances, and feel thus intolerably old? close!
> stand by for it. it is a witchery of social czarship which there
> was a wilderness of ropes and hawsers chained down to ringbolts"
>
> *rofl* this is realy a good one James!

<laughs>

I should actually mention this idea was not mine.  Eric H. gave it
to me.  I just wrote it up.  Thanks Eric!

> Do you have any preferernces for the command line parameters?

Na.  Just document what you use please, so I can figure out how to
run it.  :)

James Edward G. II
unknown (Guest)

> I should actually mention this idea was not mine.  Eric H. gave it
> to me.  I just wrote it up.  Thanks Eric!

:) So how about running the solutions over the solutions, and seeing if
the result will execute? :)
James G. (Guest)
On Apr 7, 2006, at 11:45 AM, removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

>> I should actually mention this idea was not mine.  Eric H. gave it
>> to me.  I just wrote it up.  Thanks Eric!
>
> :) So how about running the solutions over the solutions, and
> seeing if
> the result will execute? :)

You are welcome to try it and find out...  ;)

James Edward G. II
Eric H. (Guest)
On Apr 7, 2006, at 7:52 AM, James Edward G. II wrote:

> I should actually mention this idea was not mine.  Eric H. gave
> it to me.  I just wrote it up.  Thanks Eric!

The real trick is being space efficient.  Markov text generation is a
very simple algorithm, but being more english-like requires a larger
corpus of input text.

The best-reading solutions will use the largest input text corpus
stored the smallest space.

>> Do you have any preferernces for the command line parameters?
>
> Na.  Just document what you use please, so I can figure out how to
> run it.  :)

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com
Simon Kröger (Guest)
Eric H. schrieb:
>> I should actually mention this idea was not mine.  Eric H. gave it
>> to me.  I just wrote it up.  Thanks Eric!
>
> The real trick is being space efficient.  Markov text generation is a
> very simple algorithm, but being more english-like requires a larger
> corpus of input text.
>
> The best-reading solutions will use the largest input text corpus stored
> the smallest space.

If the text corpus is very small i tend to get complete sentences from
the original - so very english-like.
But in the more general case i guess you are right.

cheers

Simon