Forum: Ruby on Rails Big fcgi problem...

joe (Guest)
on 2006-04-07 17:00
Hi all
My lighty spawn 10 fcgi process,  some times,  one or two of them will
eat all most 90% CPU, when i kill them, everything is ok.
I want a script to auto kill these Big fcgi,
could you give me some advise?
regards
Alex Y. (Guest)
joe wrote:
> Hi all
> My lighty spawn 10 fcgi process,  some times,  one or two of them will
> eat all most 90% CPU, when i kill them, everything is ok.
> I want a script to auto kill these Big fcgi,
What the hell is it doing spawning 10 processes?  Can you post your
lighttpd.conf?
joe (Guest)
fastcgi.server = ( ".fcgi" =>
    ( "localhost" =>
        (
          "socket"   => "/home/joe/sites/app/temp/lighttpd-fcgi.socket",
          "bin-path" => "/home/joe/sites/app/public/dispatch.fcgi",
          "bin-environment" => ( "RAILS_ENV" => "production" ),
          "min-procs" => 1,
          "max-procs" => 2,
          "idle-timeout" => 60
        )
    )
  )

Alex Y. wrote:
> joe wrote:
>> Hi all
>> My lighty spawn 10 fcgi process,  some times,  one or two of them will
>> eat all most 90% CPU, when i kill them, everything is ok.
>> I want a script to auto kill these Big fcgi,
> What the hell is it doing spawning 10 processes?  Can you post your
> lighttpd.conf?
joe (Guest)
on 2006-04-07 22:16
any advise?
regards

joe wrote:
> fastcgi.server = ( ".fcgi" =>
>     ( "localhost" =>
>         (
>           "socket"   => "/home/joe/sites/app/temp/lighttpd-fcgi.socket",
>           "bin-path" => "/home/joe/sites/app/public/dispatch.fcgi",
>           "bin-environment" => ( "RAILS_ENV" => "production" ),
>           "min-procs" => 1,
>           "max-procs" => 2,
>           "idle-timeout" => 60
>         )
>     )
>   )
>

> Alex Y. wrote:
>> joe wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>> My lighty spawn 10 fcgi process,  some times,  one or two of them will
>>> eat all most 90% CPU, when i kill them, everything is ok.
>>> I want a script to auto kill these Big fcgi,
>> What the hell is it doing spawning 10 processes?  Can you post your
>> lighttpd.conf?
Alex Y. (Guest)
joe wrote:
> any advise?
> regards
Not from that on its own...  I can't see how that setup would spawn
extra processes unless the originals were dying somehow.

--
Alex