Forum: Ruby on Rails Prototype 1.5.0_rc0 breaks my Form.serialize

Jonathan W. (Guest)
Cheers,

Prototype 1.5.0_rc0 breaks backwards compatability with this diff in
Form.Element.Serializers:

http://dev.rubyonrails.org/changeset/4147

I have explicit value="" in my options and now I get the text submitted.
E.g.

<select id="foo">
  <option value="">Please select a value</option>
  </option value="1">Nr. 1</option>
  </option value="1">Nr. 1</option>
</select>

Now I get foo='Please select a value' against foo='' with prototype 1.4.

This breaks my code.

Jonathan
Bob H. (Guest)
On Apr 7, 2006, at 8:14 AM, Jonathan W. wrote:

> submitted.
> E.g.
>
> <select id="foo">
>  <option value="">Please select a value</option>
>  </option value="1">Nr. 1</option>
>  </option value="1">Nr. 1</option>
> </select>

You might try fixing the </option> tags that are likely intended to
be <option>. Don't know how far that'll get you but it might make
things a bit clearer.

Cheers,
Bob

> Jonathan W.
> http://blog.innerewut.de

----
Bob H.                  -- blogs at <http://www.recursive.ca/
hutch/>
Jonathan W. (Guest)
Bob H. wrote:

> You might try fixing the </option> tags that are likely intended to be
> <option>. Don't know how far that'll get you but it might make things a
> bit clearer.

Sorry for this, this was just a copy&paste error. This has nothing to do
with my real problem.

The real code of course has <option value="2">blabla</option>

> Cheers,
> Bob

Regards,
Jonathan