Forum: Ruby on Rails how much longer Mr Gael?

charl (Guest)
on 2006-04-07 15:22
hi i have probably hit every error possible problem on windows while
trying to setup ruby on Lighty with mysql and ajax support, i'm leaving
mysql see(minor issue with mysql/ruby - major headache) for now and
moving onto AJAX, |webrickwall| not that easy i've tried my app on
lighty and i get the following error in the logfile and no ajax response

ActionController::RoutingError (Recognition failed for
"/javascripts/prototype.js"):
    c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/action_controller/routing.rb:469:in
`recognition_failed'
    c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/action_controller/routing.rb:459:in
`recognize!'

i run it on webrick and just like that it works. now call me suspicious
but i'm beginnig to think someone wants me to use webrick....

any explanations... all welcome, i've seen similar posts but not
answers.

Gael you spoke of a wonderful package which you had worked on while
doing a project which you were going to post at SF. How far are you with
that, cos I could definately find it useful.... cheers

charl
Gael P. (Guest)
On 07/04/06, charl <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Gael you spoke of a wonderful package which you had worked on while
> doing a project which you were going to post at SF. How far are you with
> that, cos I could definately find it useful.... cheers

I guess you missed out my post 2 days ago, I have to say it was a
reply to an old thread, the kit is posted on sourceforge and I've even
got a second release yesterday evening.

Grab it there:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=164113

PS: This will install Apache + Ruby with Rubygems + Rails, you still
need to grab MySQL and you should be all set.
charl (Guest)
on 2006-04-10 10:50
Gael P. wrote:
> On 07/04/06, charl <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> Gael you spoke of a wonderful package which you had worked on while
>> doing a project which you were going to post at SF. How far are you with
>> that, cos I could definately find it useful.... cheers
>
> I guess you missed out my post 2 days ago, I have to say it was a
> reply to an old thread, the kit is posted on sourceforge and I've even
> got a second release yesterday evening.
>
> Grab it there:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=164113
>
> PS: This will install Apache + Ruby with Rubygems + Rails, you still
> need to grab MySQL and you should be all set.

ok great stuff, i didn't read your post so i'll get along there now,
cheers