Forum: Ruby on Rails How to consume XMLRPC/SOAP web services in Rails?

Ingo W. (Guest)

does anybody know of any good HowTo for consuming XML-RPC and/or SOAP
web services in Rails?

I found some for Ruby (via soap4r/xmlrpc4r), but I was wondering whether
there is something built into Rails already. So far it looks like there
are methods to create web services, but not to consume them.

Ingo W.
Matthew P. (Guest)
On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 08:44:33AM +0200, Ingo W. wrote:
> does anybody know of any good HowTo for consuming XML-RPC and/or SOAP
> web services in Rails?
>
> I found some for Ruby (via soap4r/xmlrpc4r), but I was wondering whether
> there is something built into Rails already. So far it looks like there
> are methods to create web services, but not to consume them.

AWS has client classes as part of it, and AWDWR has a small section on
using
them, but I think it recommends using the standard Ruby ones.

- Matt
Giles B. (Guest)
I think that's correct. my recollection is that the chapter on Active
Web Services in the Agile book was based around acting as a server
more than as a client, and the advice is that if you just want to
consume those services, you're better off with the standard libs,
unless you need to construct stuff from WSDL.

On 4/7/06, Matthew P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> - Matt

Giles B.
www.gilesgoatboy.org