Forum: Ferret How do you create the first index?

Jeff C. (Guest)
on 2006-04-07 06:07
I'm attempting to implement acts_as_ferret, but I haven't been able to
find out how to create the first index.  I see the "rebuild_index.rb"
file, but it tells me "Uninitialized constant: Content" if I try to run
it by itself, and I'm not sure if I can invoke it some other way.

Any clues?

Thanks,
Jeff C.man
John McGrath (Guest)
i'm new to this too, but i think if just put acts_as_ferret at the top
of your
model, when you save or update the model the index is created
automatically in
#{RAILS_ROOT}/index.

john

Quoting Jeff C.man <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:

> I'm attempting to implement acts_as_ferret, but I haven't been able to
> find out how to create the first index.  I see the "rebuild_index.rb"
> file, but it tells me "Uninitialized constant: Content" if I try to run
> it by itself, and I'm not sure if I can invoke it some other way.
>
> Any clues?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff C.man

Jeff C. (Guest)
on 2006-04-07 11:35
John McGrath wrote:
> i'm new to this too, but i think if just put acts_as_ferret at the top
> of your
> model, when you save or update the model the index is created
> automatically in
> #{RAILS_ROOT}/index.
>
> john

Thanks, John.  I was transferring from another search plugin that
required some more elaborate setup to get going, so I didn't realize it
would be that simple!

Jeff