Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] Rails 1.1.1: Fixing a slew of minors (but you must sti

David Heinemeier H. (Guest)
Rails 1.1 was a big upgrade with a lot of new features and we've been
working hard since its release to polish off the kinks revealed after
it was deployed to the masses. Rails 1.1.1 contains fixes for things
like Prototype memory leaks in IE 6, Oracle adapter runnings, and a
number of compatibility tweaks to make most older applications work.

This release still doesn't work with Typo, though. And it won't.
Instead you must freeze Rails 1.0 to vendor/rails if you run Typo
2.6.0 while we await the new release from the Typo team that will be
fully 1.1 compatible.

This is the release we recommend that hosting companies upgrade to. If
you still haven't frozen your application and it for some reason
doesn't work with Rails 1.1.1, don't run crying to them. We screwed up
in the release notes of the last release by not telling people that
Typo would break, but now that this information is spread far and
wide, it'll rest on your shoulders to make sure you're frozen and stay
cool.

If you still haven't upgraded to Rails 1.1, checkout the original
announcement for a run-through of all the features.
--
David Heinemeier H.
http://www.basecamphq.com   -- Online project management

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad
Jesse C. (Guest)
1.1.1 still can not used cache_model  :(

2006/4/7, Conrad T. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> > Rails 1.1 was a big upgrade with a lot of new features and we've been
> > This is the release we recommend that hosting companies upgrade to. If
> > David Heinemeier H.
> Rails mailing list
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid

Best Regards,

Caiwangqin
http://www.uuzone.com
Mobile:  +8613951787088
Tel:  +86025-84818086 ext 233
Fax: +86025-84814993
Tom M. (Guest)
On Apr 7, 2006, at 2:31 AM, Conrad T. wrote:

> Hi, I have installed Rails 1.1 onto my system.  BTW, I'm new to RoR.
> So, what version should I install and build new application with?

The current released version 1.1.1.

> What version are you recommending to hosting companies?  1.1 or 1.1.1?

> On 4/6/06, David Heinemeier H. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

snip...