Forum: Ruby Re: Archive::Tar uncompress question

Berger, Daniel (Guest)

Are you (or anyone else) using Archive::Tar for minitar or something?

But yeah, I should probably change that to Archive::Tar::External, which
would be in line with my Net::Ping::External (a convention I adopted
from Perl, btw), although I highly doubt anyone would use both packages
in the same program.

Dan
Austin Z. (Guest)
On 4/6/06, Berger, Daniel <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> I'm not sure. I'm just surprised that tarsimple uses Archive::Tar as
>> its name, instead of Archive::Tar::Wrapper or something like that,
>> since it's just a wrapper, and not a tar implementation in Ruby.
> Are you (or anyone else) using Archive::Tar for minitar or something?
>
> But yeah, I should probably change that to Archive::Tar::External,
> which would be in line with my Net::Ping::External (a convention I
> adopted from Perl, btw), although I highly doubt anyone would use both
> packages in the same program.

I'm using it as a namespace in minitar (Archive::Tar::Minitar), which
just declares it as a module. I can be a bit smarter about how I declare
it, so it's not a huge deal; I was just surprised that the package name
and the namespace mismatched so wildly ;)

-austin