Forum: Ruby installing bdb to local directory

Matthew S. (Guest)
Is there a way to install bdb in particular and other Ruby C
extensions in general to a non-default directory?  For instance, when
you don't have admin privileges.

I couldn't find any relevant arguments for extconf, and documentation
on mkmf and/or altering rbconfig.rb (which struck me as not a bad
idea) is pretty sparse.

thanks,
matthew smillie.
Stephen W. (Guest)
Matthew S. wrote:

> Is there a way to install bdb in particular and other Ruby C extensions
> in general to a non-default directory?  For instance, when you don't
> have admin privileges.

Matthew,

Check out this script of mine.. it may help you figure out what you
need:

     http://waits.net/~swaits/go.sh

--Steve