Forum: GNU Radio help installing SUSE 10

Garrett Mcgrath (Guest)
Ok I've already sorted out a few things with the SUSE 10 install but I'm
stuck installing the Octave software.  Specifically I seem to be having
an
issue with f2c, initially I tried installing f2c and fort77.  Doing this
cause errors due to something mucking up in fort77, and as such I've
removed
it from my path to prevent it's use.  Now I can run configure for the
Octave
2.1.73 build but make fails out on a file knows as "dgamln.c", it's
lists a
slew of syntax errors I don't know how to resolve.  These errors include
overflow warnings, token issues around '{' and syntax errors.  Right
before
this file it attempts to access f2c.h, which I've check and do have in
the
same directory as the f2c build I'm using.  However it errors out saying
no
such file or directory.

For note:

System Configuration:

Suse 10, installed on a zd7000 laptop from HP.

The SUSE install is from the 5 CD set not the DVD

I'm running in gnome using bash shell from the terminal prompt

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I can also include a copy of the
error list from the make command if you'd like.

-Garrett

P.S. while writing this I tried to build the experimental version of
octave,
same issues.
Eric B. (Guest)
On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 01:03:40PM -0400, Garrett Mcgrath wrote:
> such file or directory.
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated, I can also include a copy of the
> error list from the make command if you'd like.
>
> -Garrett
>
> P.S. while writing this I tried to build the experimental version of octave,
> same issues.

My SuSE 10.0 machine has an RPM for octave: octave-2.1.71-2
Try rpmfind.net, or seeing if it's on the CD.

Eric
Eric B. (Guest)
On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 10:34:45AM -0700, Eric B. wrote:
> > same directory as the f2c build I'm using.  However it errors out saying no
> > such file or directory.

If you can't find the RPM, try using gfortran as the compiler.

[eb@cyan ~]$ gfortran --version
GNU Fortran 95 (GCC 4.0.2 20050901 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux))

[eb@cyan ~]$ rpm -qa | grep fortran
gcc-fortran-4.0.2_20050901-3

Eric