Forum: Ruby on Rails Application and Server variables

Surjya H. (Guest)
on 2006-04-06 10:13
Hi all,
       Just as we use session variables like session[:variable_name], I
would like to know if we have some way to express an application
variable or are application variables are existent in Ruby on rails.

Thanks and regards..
prasad
Alex Y. (Guest)
surjya hazarika wrote:
> Hi all,
>        Just as we use session variables like session[:variable_name], I
> would like to know if we have some way to express an application
> variable or are application variables are existent in Ruby on rails.

Nope...  You can either have constants in environment.rb, values in the
database, or an external DRb server to have the same effect, though.