Forum: Ruby on Rails Overring hidden_field_tag ?

Nuno (Guest)
on 2006-04-05 21:19
Hi, I wonder how to override some tag generators, for example the
hidden_field_tag function.

By the way, I would be interested to learn how to extend
ActionView::Base so new functions would be available to all my views
(functions that need _erbout access, so a simple helper doesn't...help)

Thanks
Nuno (Guest)
on 2006-04-06 13:24
Nuno wrote:
> Hi, I wonder how to override some tag generators, for example the
> hidden_field_tag function.
>
> By the way, I would be interested to learn how to extend
> ActionView::Base so new functions would be available to all my views
> (functions that need _erbout access, so a simple helper doesn't...help)

Anybody can help ?

Thank you
Jonathan W. (Guest)
Nuno wrote:
> Hi, I wonder how to override some tag generators, for example the
> hidden_field_tag function.

AFAIK just do a

def method_to_override

in application_helper.rb

> By the way, I would be interested to learn how to extend
> ActionView::Base so new functions would be available to all my views
> (functions that need _erbout access, so a simple helper doesn't...help)

Look in the wiki for help on developing your own plugin or look into
some existing ones.

> Thanks

Jonathan