Forum: GNU Radio new tarballs

Luis Simoes (Guest)
Hi all,

I tried to use benchmark_gmsk_rx.py and i noticed that my system does
not have
all the usrp stuff receive_path.py uses. So I install the usrp-011 and
the
gr-usrp-0.7 package and uninstall the previous ones (usrp-0.8 and
gr-usrp-0.5). After finishing (I am still running on gnuradio-cor 2.6) I
tried to start benchmark again and this traceback error report came out:

lsi@galba:~/GnuRadio/Code/gnuradio-examples-0.5/python/gmsk2>
./benchmark_gmsk_rx.py
Using RX d'board A: TV Rx
len(rx_chan_coeffs) = 63
>>> gr_fir_fff: using 3DNow!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/basic_flow_graph.py",
line 230, in _check_port
    if signature.max_streams () == -1: # infinite
AttributeError: 'PySwigObject' object has no attribute 'max_streams'

I have seen some messages posted here in this mailing list. In all cases
it
was a problem with swig. I reinstalled SWIG (I am using version 1.3.24)
and
then gnuradio-core 2.6. No result.
I uninstalled core 2.6 and after reinstalling SWIG I have installed the
new
core 2.7 No result.
I build everything from tarballs and not from cvs and until today
everything
worked fine.

If someone have had this problem or similar in the past, please help!...

Thanks in advance...
Luis
Eric B. (Guest)
On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 06:12:06PM +0200, Luis Simoes wrote:
> len(rx_chan_coeffs) = 63
> I have seen some messages posted here in this mailing list. In all cases it
> Luis
You have a stale installation, or partial installation in more than
one place.  Remove them all from the installation directories, then
make install from the new tarballs.

There's a reason we release 10 tarballs at at a time:  They have
dependencies between them.  You really want all the new ones that are
relevant to your configuration.  They also have to be built in a
reasonable order.  Most people need at least gnuradio-core, usrp,
gr-usrp, gnuradio-examples, gr-wxgui and one of of the gr-audio-*
blocks.

Build them in this order.  Leave out those you're not using:

>>> /home/eb/gr-build/gnuradio-core
>>> /home/eb/gr-build/usrp
>>> /home/eb/gr-build/gr-audio-alsa
>>> /home/eb/gr-build/gr-audio-jack
>>> /home/eb/gr-build/gr-audio-oss
>>> /home/eb/gr-build/gr-audio-portaudio
>>> /home/eb/gr-build/gr-usrp
>>> /home/eb/gr-build/gr-wxgui
>>> /home/eb/gr-build/gnuradio-examples
>>> /home/eb/gr-build/gr-howto-write-a-block

Eric
Luis Simoes (Guest)
Hi Eric,

thanks a lot. Every thing is working fine now.
Now I have still one question: Was the module tv_rx extinguished in the
new
tarballs? My old applications return the message global name tv_rx
unknown.
Shall I change all the applications to the way benchmark_gmsk_rx.py
works?

Thanks again, your tips helped me a lot.

Luis
Eric B. (Guest)
On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 02:39:09PM +0200, Luis Simoes wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> thanks a lot. Every thing is working fine now.
> Now I have still one question: Was the module tv_rx extinguished in the new
> tarballs?

I removed an out of date example that had something to do with tv_rx.

> My old applications return the message global name tv_rx unknown.
> Shall I change all the applications to the way benchmark_gmsk_rx.py works?

If you are referring to how it selects the side A or B, setting the
mux, and tuning, then the answer is yes.

> Thanks again, your tips helped me a lot.

You're wecome.  Glad they helped.

Eric