Forum: Ruby on Rails session error in rails 1.1

Adam D. (Guest)
I keep getting this error in rails 1.1, does anybody know what it means?
My
site will be working fine, i do some more development, get a parse
error,
and then all of a sudden the page 404's with the following error

Session contains objects whose class definition isn't available
Remember to require the classes for all objects kept in the session.
(Original exception: uninitialized constant BigDecimal [NameError])

 Any ideas here ?  Clearing all the sessions and cookies brings
everything
back to normal.. not sure whats going on.  This is on Rails 1.1, Linux,
Ruby
1.8.4, Postgres

thanks
adam
Charlie B. (Guest)
You have changed your model since your sessions were created.  This
causes a mismatch and and the error.  Each time you change your model or
database your sessions will no longer be valid.  That's why clearing
them fixes the problem.
Adam D. (Guest)
Thanks for the explanation.  However my model and database (column
definitions) were not changed here.  Anything else that would cause
this?
All that happened was i had a parse error in an rhtml page, fixed it, i
reloaded and then got this and wouldnt go away.

adam
Charlie B. (Guest)
I'm not sure.  I know that rails will die if you try to access an object
in your session that rails knows nothing about.  What are you storing in
your session?
Alan F. (Guest)
on 2006-04-05 19:25
Adam D. wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation.  However my model and database (column
> definitions) were not changed here.  Anything else that would cause
> this?
> All that happened was i had a parse error in an rhtml page, fixed it, i
> reloaded and then got this and wouldnt go away.
>
> adam

This looks relevant:

http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowtoAvoid...
Adam D. (Guest)
hmm nice post, that does appear to be very relevant.