Forum: Ruby on Rails Other options for SQL Server connectivity on Linux?

Wes G. (Guest)
on 2006-04-04 21:21
I am connecting to a SQL Server database from RoR on a Mandriva Linux
installation.

I am working through the following HOWTO to get the database connection
working:
http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/HowtoConne...

Any other ways to do it?

Any updated info. on such installations?

Thanks,
Wes
Wes G. (Guest)
on 2006-04-05 00:07
The existing HOWTO talks about using unixODBC as the ODBC driver manager
for the Ruby ODBC connection to SQL Server.

Has anyone ever used iODBC successfully?

Thanks,
Wes