Forum: Ruby Mixins and initialize/initialize_copy

unknown (Guest)
Hello,
I have created a mixin module that overwrites initialize and
initialize_copy.
This works fine until a class that uses the mixin wants to overwrite
initialize
and/or initialize_copy, too.

I can replace initialize with lazy accessors. But I don't know how to
handle
initialize_copy:

The mixin manages some attributes and the initialize_copy method makes
sure
that cloning the object clones the managed attributes.

What would be the best solution to this problem?

Regards,
Rüdiger Sonderfeld <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Trans (Guest)
Anyone who does this kind of thing should always check to see if the
method is already defined and if it is wrap it --NEVER just overwrite
these instrumental methods.

T.
Florian F. (Guest)
Rüdiger Sonderfeld wrote:

>What would be the best solution to this problem?

Calling super from the instance methods of your class?