Forum: Ruby on Rails very bold internet explorer only website

Leo -. (Guest)
Hello everyone,

It is offtopic, but i'm so surprised :|
I was looking for some filipino martial arts videos through google
video, and came to this link
http://redcornerboxing.net/
I use Firefox 1.5 on windows.
I never seen *such* bold IE only website in my life.

olegf
Mats L. (Guest)
> And if I open it in IE it says the same thing ... ;)

Hmmm, actually no.  Make sure to visit the web site's root.

Bye !
Mats L. (Guest)
Alan F. (Guest)
on 2006-04-05 14:20
François Beausoleil wrote:
> 2006/4/4, Mats L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
>> And if I open it in IE it says the same thing ... ;)
>
> Hmmm, actually no.  Make sure to visit the web site's root.
>
> Bye !

Well I assume that'll depend on the version of IE you're using.  I get
the blunt message from IE on a Mac, but not from IE 6 (I think) on my
work PC.

A.
Nick S. (Guest)
Heh, that site is just all messed up. All I see in Safari is the menu
header and footer. But I cant go anywhere!  :)

Yeah for standards!
Adam B. (Guest)
on 2006-04-05 20:39
In Safari even their blunt message fails to display.
Allan (Guest)
on 2006-04-06 10:17
Nick S. wrote:
> Heh, that site is just all messed up. All I see in Safari is the menu
> header and footer. But I cant go anywhere!  :)
>
> Yeah for standards!

Hey guys! i was looking on our webstats and this forum was the latest
top referrer. i'm using this script to avoid photos/wallpapers ripper.
if it wasn't for the company's request, i'd love to open the whole site
for all browsers. hope you guys understand.

cheers!
Dan H. (Guest)
Hi Allan,

Oh, you mean a script you can get around by disabling scripting in IE?
Or changing the agent string in any non-IE browser?
I ripped one of your images with a right click in IE (attached) muhaha!

Does the company realise that they're missing out on 160,722,828
potential customers?!? (and that's just Firefox - get the stat from
http://www.spreadfirefox.com/)

Dan