Forum: Ruby on Rails Looking for an example ...

Andrew C. (Guest)
on 2006-04-04 01:20
 ... for overriding the default behavior of scaffold's builtin create
and update handlers.

Any help would be grealy appreciated!

-Andy
Bill W. (Guest)
Hi Andy,

If by handlers you mean the controller action methods, you just add your
own
to the controller.  I'm guessing you're using the old Rails magic that
keeps
those methods hidden.  I find it less confusing to make them explicit
using

ruby script\generate scaffold Model Controller

The controller will contain all the built in methods.  Override them at
will.

HTH,
Bill