Forum: Ruby on Rails Edit in Place in 1.1

Andrew D. Goodfellow (Guest)
Does anyone have a good example or know of some documentation about
how to implement "Edit in Place" using Rails 1.1? Like the
functionality in Flickr... I've googled and googled and can't find any
good documentation. Maybe it's because 1.1 is so new? Thanks in
advance.

-Andy
Derrick S. (Guest)
Have you looked into Scriptaculous?

http://script.aculo.us

-Derrick
Andrew D. Goodfellow (Guest)
A little... I see this page:
http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/Int...
and then this page:
http://blog.codahale.com/2006/01/14/a-rails-howto-...
(which seems to be down now)

But isn't everything a little bit tighter/different now with 1.1? I've
seen the one older Edit in Place example above, but now with 1.1 I
figured there was a "better" way to do it.

-Andy
Andrew D. Goodfellow (Guest)
Ok, this example is back up now:
http://blog.codahale.com/2006/01/14/a-rails-howto-...

Is this the way we should still do Edit in Place with Rails 1.1?

-Andy
Martin Tomes (Guest)
Andrew D. Goodfellow wrote:
> Does anyone have a good example or know of some documentation about
> how to implement "Edit in Place" using Rails 1.1? Like the
> functionality in Flickr... I've googled and googled and can't find any
> good documentation. Maybe it's because 1.1 is so new? Thanks in
> advance.

In the view use in_place_editor_field and in the controller use
in_place_edit_for.

E.g.,
<%= in_place_edit_for :meeting, :title %>

and

in_place_edit_for :meeting, :title

--
Martin Tomes