Forum: Ruby on Rails Problem with Windows not finding methods

Benjamin O. (Guest)
I am running (testing) a noob-tube for myself as follows:
Windows XP SP2
lighty
ruby 1.8.x
rails 1.1
scgi

I have everything working fairly well, but with one minor exception:
the actions that I have defined as follows are not found.

class MytestController < ApplicationController
  def index
    render_text "Hello Nurse!"
  end
  def dilbert
    render_text "Dilbert rocks!"

If I browse to 127.0.0.1 I get the default page, but if I then go to
127.0.0.1/mytest/index or ../mytest/dilbert, then I get the following
rather exciting error:

  Unknown action

No action responded to dilbert

It took me a while to get lighty and rails to talk nicely, but now that
I have it, I am quite happy.  Scgi is apparently working, but I need
this to work.  I am very new to rails, so go easy on me (however I am a
veteran of php/mysql/mssql setups).

Benjamin O.
Bill W. (Guest)
Hi Benjamin,

Try browsing to localhost:3000/... or 127.0.0.1:3000/...  I think you
need
to specify the port number along with the IP address.

HTH,
Bill