Forum: Ruby on Rails page.visual_effect :highlight not working

mofo m. (Guest)
on 2006-04-03 12:42
I just upgraded Ruby to 1.8.4 and Rails to 1.1 and I'm in the middle of
changing my Javascript code over to the Scriptaculous helper functions.

page.visual_effect :highlight, "some_div" seems to be broken.  Instead
of fading, the background color of the element stays highlighted.
page.visual_effect works for other effects, though.  Any ideas?

Thanks.
James W. (Guest)
on 2006-04-03 13:04
Boram Y. wrote:
> I just upgraded Ruby to 1.8.4 and Rails to 1.1 and I'm in the middle of
> changing my Javascript code over to the Scriptaculous helper functions.
>
> page.visual_effect :highlight, "some_div" seems to be broken.  Instead
> of fading, the background color of the element stays highlighted.
> page.visual_effect works for other effects, though.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.

Are you trying it with IE. I have the same issues with many RJS helpers
in IE. They work fine in anyother browser but IE. The page.replace_html
only works with DIVs not another element with an ID.
mofo m. (Guest)
on 2006-04-03 13:10
James W. wrote:

> Are you trying it with IE. I have the same issues with many RJS helpers
> in IE. They work fine in anyother browser but IE. The page.replace_html
> only works with DIVs not another element with an ID.

No, this is in Firefox.
mofo m. (Guest)
on 2006-04-03 13:12
Boram Y. wrote:
> James W. wrote:
>
>> Are you trying it with IE. I have the same issues with many RJS helpers
>> in IE. They work fine in anyother browser but IE. The page.replace_html
>> only works with DIVs not another element with an ID.
>
> No, this is in Firefox.

And this problem also occurs in IE.
Simon C. Wex (Guest)
Are you getting any javascript errors?