Forum: Ruby on Rails Reaper Capistrano and FCGI user.group

Paul (Guest)
All,

Looking into Capistrano I have yet to come across anything that
discusses
the necessary permissions needed to do a restart of the FCGI processes.

>From what I can see I have two options, run lighttpd as my normal
www.wwwuser/group which does not have a shell account and give sudo
rights to the
user Capistrano logs in to the app server as.

Or give lightty a shell account so that Capistrano can pull down code
changes and restart the FCGI processes without using sudo.

Am I overlooking any other option to doing this? And I obviously will be
going the route of using sudo with Capistrano in light of giving a web
server a shell account is just asking for trouble.

Thanks,
Paul
Alan F. (Guest)
on 2006-04-03 18:05
Paul wrote:
> Am I overlooking any other option to doing this? And I obviously will be
> going the route of using sudo with Capistrano in light of giving a web
> server a shell account is just asking for trouble.

FWIW, I use the sudo option.

A.