Forum: Ruby Does Ruby simplify our tasks and lives?

Simplicity (Guest)
Does Ruby simplify our lives by providing more elegant methods to
solving problems?  How does it compare to other script languages, such
as Python in regards to simplification and simplicity of design?

B.V.
http://www.simplicityfirst.org
James G. (Guest)
On Apr 2, 2006, at 12:58 AM, Simplicity wrote:

> Does Ruby simplify our lives by providing more elegant methods to
> solving problems?

Don't all programming languages?  :)

> How does it compare to other script languages, such
> as Python in regards to simplification and simplicity of design?

I'm not much of a Python guy, but it is my opinion that they are
pretty comparable.  I believe their largest difference is syntax.  If
you agree with that, you just need to find which one fits your
thinking better...

James Edward G. II
Simplicity (Guest)
I'm not entirely sure that all programming languages are elegant;
however, they certainly all are designed to solve problems.  Then
again, is it the language that is not elegant, or the programmer using
the language?  I suppose anyone can make something complex or messy, no
matter what the language or tool.  Agree?

Barry Velasquez
http://www.simplicityfirst.org