Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 Session management

Marc S. (Guest)
Does anyone have any information on using X session management in
Ruby-Gtk2?  I'm really just trying to get my app to start automaticly
in Gnome or KDE, without having to explicitly say so.  I have looked
though some docs on XSMP but that didn't seem to provide much help.

Thanks,
Marc
Marc S. (Guest)
I'm reposting this because of Masao's mail issue.  I'm pretty sure
this isn't supported with ruby-gtk2 but I thought I'd ask in case I
missed something.
Aredridel (Guest)
On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 00:07 -0400, Marc S. wrote:
> I'm reposting this because of Masao's mail issue.  I'm pretty sure
> this isn't supported with ruby-gtk2 but I thought I'd ask in case I
> missed something.

It's not as far as I know. But I'd be interested in helping to develop
session management support, given a good understanding. I have use for
it, but no experience in any language. I'd be glad to dialogue and learn
though!

Aria

language
that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live
webcast
and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding
territory!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=110944...
Masao M. (Guest)

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 00:07:01 -0400
"Marc S." <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I'm reposting this because of Masao's mail issue.  I'm pretty sure
> this isn't supported with ruby-gtk2 but I thought I'd ask in case I
> missed something.

Sorry for incovenient.

> On 4/2/06, Marc S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > Does anyone have any information on using X session management in
> > ruby-gtk2?  I'm really just trying to get my app to start automaticly
> > in Gnome or KDE, without having to explicitly say so.  I have looked
> > though some docs on XSMP but that didn't seem to provide much help.

I'm ashamed to say I don't have any knowledge about this area.
I hope someone try that with ruby.

--
.:% Masao M.<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>