Forum: Ruby Help Ruby Emacs on Ubuntu

unknown (Guest)
Hi All

I know I am trying to tackle to many thing at once but it just the way
it is.

I would like to learn Ruby and I have purchased a couple of books (I
know a couple of other languages so I am not new to programming).  I
would like to use Emacs to do my Ruby coding and testing I am also
learning Emacs at the same time.  Could someone please help me get
Emacs setup for Ruby.  A link with detailed instructions would be fine
as long as the detail instruction approach it from newbie Ruby, newbie
Emacs and Newbie Linux(Ubuntu).

Len S.
Roy S. (Guest)
Pia Kraft (Guest)

> Hi All
  -- snip --
>  A link with detailed instructions would be fine
> as long as the detail instruction approach it from newbie Ruby, newbie
> Emacs and Newbie Linux(Ubuntu).
>
> Len S.
Open a terminal and type 'sudo apt-get install ruby-elisp'

best
  Pia
unknown (Guest)
Thanks