Forum: Ruby MONTHNAMES

Les N. (Guest)
on 2006-04-02 04:05
I'm getting 3 unprintable characters after April when use
Date::MONTHNAMES. So I get JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilxxxMayJune....etc
but the 3 'x's are unprintable characters!! What is this April fool
doing wrong?
It the same if I use strftime, or mydate.month.
thanks in advance
13 (Guest)

Maybe you have corrupted Ruby installation or just corrupted date.rb
file.
I have no unprintable characters here:

>> require 'date'
=> true
>> Date::MONTHNAMES
=> [nil, "January", "February", "March", "April", "May", "June",
"July", "August", "September", "October", "November", "December"]

--
Martins
Les N. (Guest)
13 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe you have corrupted Ruby installation or just corrupted date.rb
> file.
> Martins

Thanks, Martins... that's an interesting thing. I think something got
corrupted in memory and RadRails didn't reload after the corruption.
Today (same code) the problem is not there. Yesterday I checked the disk
file date.rb and it was uncorrupted but the spurious chars were present.

Oh well... lesson learned: shut down RadRails and restart if file
corruption is suspected.