Forum: Ruby rubynuby == so many libraries, so little time...

Jeff P. (Guest)
on 2006-04-01 06:56
Reading this forum while trying to study the pickaxe book and teach this
old dog some new tricks, I am at once awed and dazed by the huge number
of library's available to the would be ruby programmer.

I was just wondering if there is a global meeting place for these
libraries, and some way (other than asking in this forum) to find a
library you're looking for (based on what it does, rather than whatever
clever name it's author came up with for it.)

I just experimented with google and came up with rather mixed results.
If there isn't any well described repository somewhere, google looks
like a workable solution, but not a great one.

thanks,
jp
Joel VanderWerf (Guest)
Jeff P. wrote:
> Reading this forum while trying to study the pickaxe book and teach this
> old dog some new tricks, I am at once awed and dazed by the huge number
> of library's available to the would be ruby programmer.
>
> I was just wondering if there is a global meeting place for these
> libraries, and some way (other than asking in this forum) to find a
> library you're looking for (based on what it does, rather than whatever
> clever name it's author came up with for it.)

Here's a couple:

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/
http://rubyforge.org/
James B. (Guest)
Joel VanderWerf wrote:

> Here's a couple:
>
> http://raa.ruby-lang.org/
> http://rubyforge.org/

You may also want to look at Code Zoo

http://ruby.codezoo.com/

It pulls listings from RAA and R'forge, but adds user comments and some
alternative organization.

I think; I know of the site, but have rarely used it.  Anyone here have
any observations about it?

--
James B.

James G. (Guest)
On Mar 31, 2006, at 9:25 PM, James B. wrote:

> You may also want to look at Code Zoo
>
> http://ruby.codezoo.com/

> I think; I know of the site, but have rarely used it.  Anyone here
> have any observations about it?

I submitted an addition within days of the site going public.  I just
searched and it's still not there.  That about sums up my
experience.  ;)

James Edward G. II