Forum: Ruby on Rails W3C Standard

Lantis (Guest)
on 2006-04-01 02:40
I'm rather new to web programming. I'm wondering, does rhtml file
conform to W3C standard? Or is there a way to make it conform to W3C
standard?

Thanks,

Lantis.
unknown (Guest)
>From the browser's perspective, rhtml looks exactly the same as
html... there is no difference at all (as long as the programmer has
done his/her job properly). The <% %> tags never make it to the
browser... they are processed and converted to html by ruby on the
server. These tags can be converted to whatever the programmer wants,
so the rhtml file conforms to W3C standard if the programmer writes
his program to W3C standard.
Hope that has answered your question. If you don't understand
anything, just ask and I'll clarify... we were all new once (I still
am new to RoR, but I have a fair bit of experience in web programming
in general).
-Nathan
Lantis (Guest)
on 2006-04-01 03:26
unknown wrote:
>>From the browser's perspective, rhtml looks exactly the same as
> html... there is no difference at all (as long as the programmer has
> done his/her job properly). The <% %> tags never make it to the
> browser... they are processed and converted to html by ruby on the
> server. These tags can be converted to whatever the programmer wants,
> so the rhtml file conforms to W3C standard if the programmer writes
> his program to W3C standard.
> Hope that has answered your question. If you don't understand
> anything, just ask and I'll clarify... we were all new once (I still
> am new to RoR, but I have a fair bit of experience in web programming
> in general).
> -Nathan

I got it.

Thanks a lot :)