Forum: Ruby Static and Dynamic Analysis

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Miles Monroe (Guest)
on 2006-04-01 02:39
Are there any static and/or dynamic analysis tools for Ruby?  FxCop for
Ruby?

Thanks.
Tom C. (Guest)
on 2006-04-01 05:32
(Received via mailing list)
On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 07:39 +0900, Miles Monroe wrote:
> Are there any static and/or dynamic analysis tools for Ruby?  FxCop for
> Ruby?

There's the nascent checkr project:

http://rubyforge.org/projects/checkr/

It's got a small bit of code in Subversion:

http://rubyforge.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/li...

It's a start, anyhow.

Yours,

Tom
pat eyler (Guest)
on 2006-04-01 08:52
(Received via mailing list)
On 3/31/06, Tom C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 07:39 +0900, Miles Monroe wrote:
> > Are there any static and/or dynamic analysis tools for Ruby?  FxCop for
> > Ruby?
>
> There's the nascent checkr project:

wow, I didn't realize people were looking.  At this point, Sean and I
are
just spiking with ParseTree and SexpProcessor.  As we learn a bit
more about how these (really powerful) tools work, we hope to get
some good stuff going.

>
> http://rubyforge.org/projects/checkr/
>
> It's got a small bit of code in Subversion:
>
> http://rubyforge.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/li...
>
> It's a start, anyhow.

well, it's a prelude to a start.  ;^)
Tom C. (Guest)
on 2006-04-01 17:26
(Received via mailing list)
On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 13:50 +0900, pat eyler wrote:
> some good stuff going.
Hehe, yeah, I do a bunch of static analysis stuff with Java, so when I
approved that project I bookmarked it :-)

Yours,

Tom
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.