Forum: Ruby commonly used email library

sin kanti (Guest)
Hi all,

I search RAA for email library and found many email libraries out there.
I don't know that which one that i should start with.

My need is just to send email to a group which their email address
kept in a flat file.
Please give me some libraries that commonly used and stable.

Thank you in advance,

Sinchai
James B. (Guest)
sin kanti wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I search RAA for email library and found many email libraries out there.
> I don't know that which one that i should start with.
>
> My need is just to send email to a group which their email address
> kept in a flat file.
> Please give me some libraries that commonly used and stable.

I use the SMTP lib bundled with Ruby for basic E-mail tasks.  It's very
  simple to use.

--
James B.

http://refreshingcities.org   - Design, technology, usability
Trans (Guest)
> I use the SMTP lib bundled with Ruby for basic E-mail tasks.  It's very
> simple to use.

But lacks TLS so you can't send via gmail :-(

T.
Austin Z. (Guest)
On 3/31/06, Trans <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > I use the SMTP lib bundled with Ruby for basic E-mail tasks.  It's very
> > simple to use.
>
> But lacks TLS so you can't send via gmail :-(

GMailer is supposed to work for this, but google appears to have
changed the protocol and it now no longer works (and fails silently).

-austin
Park H. (Guest)
>> > I use the SMTP lib bundled with Ruby for basic E-mail tasks.  It's very
>> > simple to use.
>>
>> But lacks TLS so you can't send via gmail :-(
>
> GMailer is supposed to work for this, but google appears to have
> changed the protocol and it now no longer works (and fails silently).
>
> -austin
Google didn't changed the protocol.
It was due to ruby 1.8.3,1.8.4 http post bug.
Try GMailer 0.1.1
http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=869

Regards,
Park H.
Dimitri A. (Guest)
Hi Sinchai,

On 3/31/06, sin kanti <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> My need is just to send email to a group which their email address
> kept in a flat file.
> Please give me some libraries that commonly used and stable.

SimpleMail (http://simplemail.rubyforge.org/)  makes it easy to send
mails in both text and html format.  It can also handle attachments.

- Dimitri
Austin Z. (Guest)
On 3/31/06, Park H. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > GMailer is supposed to work for this, but google appears to have
> > changed the protocol and it now no longer works (and fails silently).
> Google didn't changed the protocol.
> It was due to ruby 1.8.3,1.8.4 http post bug.
> Try GMailer 0.1.1
> http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=869

Hmmm. I haven't upgrade to 1.8.3 or 1.8.4 and it failed. I will try
upgrading, though, in the event that 0.1.1 fixes the problem in any
case.

-austin