Forum: Ruby Re: TrueClass/FalseClass vs. Boolean

Berger, Daniel (Guest)

<snip>

Also, I like it for testing, when I want to test .kind_of? and ensure
that it's either true or false.

> > It's been proposed and rejected by Matz once already.
>
> i seem to recall this... link?  wonder why he rejected...

I originally proposed it on the old RCR site on rubygarden.org.  I
believe you could find it on http://www.rcrchive.net, but it appears to
be down at the moment.

I think one of the reasons for rejecting it was that redefining how true
or false behaved would cause havoc with the regular expression engine.
But I think mostly he just didn't see the need for a boolean class the
ways things are now.

Regards,

Dan
unknown (Guest)
Hi --

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006, Berger, Daniel wrote:

>>> It's been proposed and rejected by Matz once already.
>>
>> i seem to recall this... link?  wonder why he rejected...
>
> I originally proposed it on the old RCR site on rubygarden.org.  I
> believe you could find it on http://www.rcrchive.net, but it appears to
> be down at the moment.

Ugh.  I've been having DNS issues.  I'll try to fix it.....

David

"Ruby for Rails" chapters now available