Forum: Ruby on Rails Silly question

Andre (Guest)
on 2006-03-31 19:01
Hi there,

I know this is be a very minor issue, but considering

@users              = User.find :all, :order => 'name'

_AND_

@user_pages, @users = paginate :user, :order_by => 'name'

by simplicity, shouldn't the symbols :order and :order_by
be the same or both to both cases ?

I stumbled on them a couple of times yet :)

Thanks,
Andre
Nick S. (Guest)
Would make sense. :)
Just file an enhancement request.(http://dev.rubyonrails.com) My guess
is they would leave the order_by in as to not completely clobber all
of the current programs out there.

-Nick
Andre (Guest)
on 2006-03-31 19:19
Nick S. wrote:
> Would make sense. :)
> Just file an enhancement request.(http://dev.rubyonrails.com) My guess
> is they would leave the order_by in as to not completely clobber all
> of the current programs out there.
>
> -Nick

Done! Thanks for the directions ;)

Andre