Forum: Ruby gems for capturing video?

Kev J. (Guest)

I'm looking into the possibility of using ruby to drive a video capture
of an application in use.  Does anyone know of any gems/libs that would
be useful for this project?  (unfortunately I'm stuck on windows)

My thinking is that at the worst case I could use win32ole lib and drive
a video capture program (snagit etc) through that, but I'm looking for
something a little more rubyish :)

Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks
Kev
Joe P. (Guest)
on 2006-04-02 18:29
Kev J. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking into the possibility of using ruby to drive a video capture
> of an application in use.  Does anyone know of any gems/libs that would
> be useful for this project?  (unfortunately I'm stuck on windows)
>
> My thinking is that at the worst case I could use win32ole lib and drive
> a video capture program (snagit etc) through that, but I'm looking for
> something a little more rubyish :)
>
> Any help greatly appreciated
> Thanks
> Kev

Bump...
Me too.  I have a system with a BT878 based 4 Port DVR card and
associated WDM driver running on Win XP.  Currently using py software
Active Webcam but would like to capture shots directly from Ruby if
possible.
joe