Forum: Ruby on Rails Changing Table Schema and Models

Arch S. (Guest)
on 2006-03-31 09:14
If I make a change to a database table, how do I recreate the model to
reflect the change?
joey__ (Guest)
on 2006-03-31 10:46
Arch S. wrote:
> If I make a change to a database table, how do I recreate the model to
> reflect the change?

You don't need to.

Joey__
unknown (Guest)
As far as I know you have to do it manually. There are still some
tedious things you have to do. I've been working on that pretty much
all night.
-N
unknown (Guest)
Oh, I misread. Just a table. I was referring to a the model as a
whole. Joey's right... you don't.
-N
Arch S. (Guest)
on 2006-03-31 10:56
Wow, that is slick.  I just tried it out.

I'm realizing quickly why this framework is getting so much attention.
Greg F. (Guest)
On 3/31/06, Arch S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Wow, that is slick.  I just tried it out.
>
> I'm realizing quickly why this framework is getting so much attention.

Once you set your app for production mode, the model is only
created/modified when you start your app, so as far as I know you have
to stop your webserver and restart it.

Greg
--
Greg F.