Forum: Ruby on Rails form_remote_upload and rjs

Will (Guest)
on 2006-03-31 04:17
I am using Kyle M.'s form_remote_upload plugin with Rails 1.1, and
I cannot seem to get any code from my rjs template to execute.

The template works fine without the upload (if I remove ':html =>
{:multipart =>  true}' from the form_remote_tag), but with the upload
nothing happens.

I have put '<script>function evalScripts(t){eval(t);}</script>' at the
top of my partial, as I was directed to do by form_remote_upload's
readme, and the upload and submission and all of that works fine, it is
just that nothing in the rjs template executes.

any help?
Guest (Guest)
on 2006-03-31 04:22
I emailed him my problems you had.
Its broken.

Sorry
Will (Guest)
on 2006-03-31 04:46
Is this a 1.1 thing, or what?  I was just a little bit surprised that it
didn't work since he specifically mentioned that it had rjs template
functionality...

Guest wrote:
> I emailed him my problems you had.
> Its broken.
>
> Sorry
Trung T. (Guest)
on 2006-03-31 05:20
i had the same problem.

it works for me if i put the frt_upload_filter method directly in to the
ApplicationController and use the after_filter on it.

so my ApplicationController looks something like this:

  after_filter :frt_upload_filter

  def frt_upload_filter

Will wrote:
> Is this a 1.1 thing, or what?  I was just a little bit surprised that it
> didn't work since he specifically mentioned that it had rjs template
> functionality...
>
> Guest wrote:
>> I emailed him my problems you had.
>> Its broken.
>>
>> Sorry
Wiktor -. (Guest)
on 2006-05-31 13:21
Anyone knows how to fix it inside the plugin?