Forum: Rails Engines Don't know how to build task 'engine_migrate'

AT (Guest)
on 2006-03-31 01:07
I get the following error when trying to install riki.

>rake engine_migrate ENGINE=riki

rake aborted!
Don't know how to build task 'engine_migrate'

Anyone know what causes this. I had the same issue with the login engine
so I manually updated the db.
Chad Westfall (Guest)
The reason is in Rails 1.1 all the rake tasks have changed.  Try rake
db:migrate:engines ENGINE=riki.  Also "rake -T" is helpful command.
-Chad
James A. (Guest)
The syntax for the rake tasks has changed - please check the engines
README or mailing list archives.

- james

On 3/30/06, AT <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> --

* J *
  ~
David C. (Guest)
Seems to me a saw that 'existing' rake tasks would be recognized with or
without the namespace...
James A. (Guest)
The 'old' rake tasks simply don't exist anymore - they needed to be
rewritten, and as part of the rewrite I adopted the new rake namespace
syntax.

- james

On 3/31/06, David C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > On 3/30/06, AT <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > > --

* J *
  ~
Devender G. (Guest)
on 2006-04-12 21:53
Thank you, it works !!

Chad Westfall wrote:
> The reason is in Rails 1.1 all the rake tasks have changed.  Try rake
> db:migrate:engines ENGINE=riki.  Also "rake -T" is helpful command.
> -Chad
Guest (Guest)
on 2006-05-07 09:34
James A. wrote:
> The 'old' rake tasks simply don't exist anymore - they needed to be
> rewritten, and as part of the rewrite I adopted the new rake namespace
> syntax.
>
> - james

Please update the tutorials.  I have spent hours trying to guess at how
to get this to work.  A complete waste of time. Even after getting rake
to work it is still not working I get a routing erro  Recognition failed
for "/login"
freekyfashions (Guest)
on 2006-07-24 09:27
Guest wrote:
> James A. wrote:
>> The 'old' rake tasks simply don't exist anymore - they needed to be
>> rewritten, and as part of the rewrite I adopted the new rake namespace
>> syntax.
>>
>> - james
>
> Please update the tutorials.  I have spent hours trying to guess at how
> to get this to work.  A complete waste of time. Even after getting rake
> to work it is still not working I get a routing erro  Recognition failed
> for "/login"

Hey there....

      The best way to find out the rake command for migration script
execution is type 'Rake -T' and check out the options listed out.
      I tried with the following command 'Rake migrate' and it worked
for me.
      'Rake db:migrate' and 'db:migrate:engines ENGINE=riki' failed
miserably.

thnx
James A. (Guest)
On 7/24/06, freekyfashions <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>       'Rake db:migrate' and 'db:migrate:engines ENGINE=riki' failed
> miserably.

What errors did you get?
freekyfashions (Guest)
on 2006-07-27 03:42
James A. wrote:
> On 7/24/06, freekyfashions <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>>       'Rake db:migrate' and 'db:migrate:engines ENGINE=riki' failed
>> miserably.
>
> What errors did you get?

Hi,
   I've updated the rails version to 1.1 version and db:migrate is
working fine.

   but ''db:migrate:engines ENGINE=riki'' still gives error:

Do you see the 'db:migrate:engines' task when you run 'rake -T' ? If
not, are you sure you've got the latest version of the engines plugin,
from http://svn.rails-engines.org/plugins/engines?

- james
freekyfashions (Guest)
on 2006-07-28 04:22
James A. wrote:
> Do you see the 'db:migrate:engines' task when you run 'rake -T' ? If
> not, are you sure you've got the latest version of the engines plugin,
> from http://svn.rails-engines.org/plugins/engines?
>
> - james

Hi,
    I checked the tasks,I got only db:migrate.
    Thanks for your info.

Cheers
Marc (Guest)
on 2007-05-10 00:46
I have the same problem:

rake db:migrate:engines ENGINE=login_engine
keeps giving me this error: "Don't know how to build task
'db:migrate:engines'"
I did a --trace, but that didn't help.
I have the 1.2 version from engines plugin.

Any help greatly appreciated, i'm kinda stuck atm.