Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails lost connection to MySQL server!

Noel R. Morais (Guest)
I getting this error on my project

Mysql::Error: Lost connection to MySQL server
during query: SHOW FIELDS FROM ...

i think that it's because the mysql database don't allow persistent
connections .....

any idea?

thanks
Michael G. (Guest)
Do you have the 'mysql' gem installed?

On 3/30/06, Noel R. Morais <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

--
http://www.michaelgorsuch.org
Charlie (Guest)

H:\dev>"h:\dev\ruby\bin\ruby.exe" "h:\dev\ruby\bin\gem" install mysql
Attempting local installation of 'mysql'
Local gem file not found: mysql*.gem
Attempting remote installation of 'mysql'
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (RuntimeError)
Gem files will remain installed in
h:/dev/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7
for inspection.
  ruby extconf.rb install mysql\nchecking for mysql_query() in
mysqlclient.lib..
. no
checking for main() in m.lib... yes
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in z.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in socket.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in nsl.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no

Results logged to
h:/dev/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7/gem_make.out