Forum: Ruby on Rails hello

sly (Guest)
hello everybody! my name is sly and i'm new to the group and also to
ruby.

i decided i to learn ruby on rails a while ago but only today i sat down
with the book and started.

so i installed it on my linux laptop and i tried the "hello" program.
and i failed. i can't see anything in the browser page. i searched the
net and list and...

any idea where i can find some info for... you know, like me!

thanx everybody!
--
sly
(561) 601 4303
sly wrote:

> thanx everybody!

Hi Sly!  I think you'll need to give us a bit more detail about what you
did
already.

You did run script/server from the command line didn't you?

--
Robert J.
Jason U. (Guest)
> Using d'board:  B: Flex 2400 Tx MIMO B
> ktadmin2@b3002-softradio:~/Desktop/new$ ./Fmstereo.py
> USRP Serial:  49e50652
> Using d'board:  B: Flex 2400 Tx MIMO B
> ktadmin2@b3002-softradio:~/Desktop/new$
> what could  be the result of this? and how can l correct this.

First, please see http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/ReportingErrors
regarding how to format your questions.

Second, you indentation is still all messed up; it may be an artifact
from your c/p, but python depends very heavily on the spacing (spaces
and tabs, for example, are treated differently).  Please re-read the
original link I sent you.

Finally, I would guess that the program is doing exactly what you tell
it to:

>if self.u.tune(self.subdev.which(), self.subdev, options.freq):
>     print "Tuned to", options.freq/1e6, "MHz"
>else:
>     sys.exit(1)

Because you didn't give an output for the error message, it just
closes silently and you are left confused.  Try putting a print in
there to see if that's where you're failing.

Jason
Jason U. (Guest)
On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 3:26 AM, Daniel
Ampem<removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> well any help on how to modify the code to hear an audio output (what do l
> have to change) will be appreciated. from my attempt l get the same output

I think you misunderstood my last email, if you want to know where
your program is exiting from, you need to put in statements where
things exit, for example
            if self.u.tune(self.subdev.which(), self.subdev,
options.freq):
                print "Tuned to", options.freq/1e6, "MHz"
        else:
                print "Unable to tune daughter card, exiting"
                  sys.exit(1)

Then you will know /why/ your script is failing, and you can go about
fixing it.

Jason
soldier (Guest)
i cound't visted it .

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 5:33 AM, Tyler J.
James (Guest)
Open your cmd.exe and type in "where gem". You should get an output
similar
to:

C:\Users\jamandbees>where gem
C:\Ruby191\bin\gem
C:\Ruby191\bin\gem.bat
James N. (Guest)
I will try this thanks

Date: Thursday, April 7, 2011, 8:39 PM

Open your cmd.exe and type in "where gem". You should get an output
similar
to:

C:\Users\jamandbees>where gem
C:\Ruby191\bin\gem
C:\Ruby191\bin\gem.bat
James (Guest)
That should tell you whether you have gem installed so that you can
access
it from cmd; if you do, great! Try typing:

gem install rails

at the cmd prompt and report back on what happens. If you don't, follow
the
suggestions from Phillip to get yourself up and running with a copy of
ruby.
James N. (Guest)
I have done this now what about the program free ride for ruby?
James N.

That should tell you whether you have gem installed so that you can
access
it from cmd; if you do, great! Try typing:

gem install rails

at the cmd prompt and report back on what happens. If you don't, follow
the
suggestions from Phillip to get yourself up and running with a copy of
ruby.
Marcus Müller (Guest)
So you used the build-gnuradio script or followed the instructions
further down on that page?

Best regards,
Marcus

PS: when replying, make sure to reply to the mailing list address rather
than to individual people!
Marcus Müller (Guest)
Monika,
please reply to the list!

You should do either
a) follow the long instructions on that page, OR
b) use the build-gnuradio script to get GNU Radio (see the first
sentence of that page), OR
c) use pybombs (not mentioned on that page, because that page is a bit
outdated).

Probably b) or c) are the best option for you, because they will
automatically make sure that all the libraries you need are installed.
So, can you go to your build/ directory and do
sudo make uninstall

After that, you just take the c) route [1]

git clone -r https://github.com/pybombs/pybombs.git && cd pybombs &&
./app_store.py

Best regards,
Marcus