Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: Ruby/OCI8 not working on Rails 1.1

Berger, Daniel (Guest)

> http://blog.dragonsharp.com
This is a bug in the oracle adapter for Rails, not in OCI8 itself
(afaict).  Now, as to why it's trying to load the adapter when you're
not even using it, I'm not sure.

Regards,

Dan
Michael Schoen (Guest)
Berger, Daniel wrote:

> This is a bug in the oracle adapter for Rails, not in OCI8 itself
> (afaict).  Now, as to why it's trying to load the adapter when you're
> not even using it, I'm not sure.

There's a patch posted, waiting to be applied. By default Rails loads
all the adapters, and if you're using a gem install of Rails, there
isn't a way to turn that off.
Lori O. (Guest)
On Wednesday, March 29, 2006, at 2:58 PM, Michael Schoen wrote:

>There's a patch posted, waiting to be applied.

Can you tell me where to find the patch?

--
Lori O.
http://blog.dragonsharp.com
> Can you tell me where to find the patch?

http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/4457

~ j.