Forum: Ruby on Rails Upgrading to Rails 1.1 in InstantRails

John L. (Guest)
on 2006-03-29 21:19
Anyone had success at this? Even if I manually download the 1.1 gem
file, the "gem install rails" command gives me "ERROR:  Error installing
gem rails[.gem]: rails requires activesupport = 1.3.0"
Hammed M. (Guest)
John,

To update an Instant Rails app to 1.1

   - select your app in 'manage rails apps' and then click 'Create New
   Rails App (open console window)' button. This launches the console
and sets
   the paths to point to instant rails version of ruby, rake etc.
   - update rake to version 7: gem update rake
   - update rails to 1.1: rake rails:free:edge REVISION=4091

Hammed

On 3/29/06, John L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

Dean W. (Guest)
I successfully did this yesterday, too. I also had to update some
other gems I am using and I also used the "--include-dependencies" (if
I remember the option correctly...) for "gem update", so I didn't have
to answer lots of prompts.

dean

On 3/29/06, Hammed M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> > Rails mailing list
> http://www.bluesecurity.com/register/s?user=c2FobWVkMTQ%3D

Dean W.
http://www.aspectprogramming.com
http://www.newaspects.com
http://www.contract4j.org
Curt H. (Guest)
> > To update an Instant Rails app to 1.1
> >
> > select your app in 'manage rails apps' and then click 'Create New Rails App
> > (open console window)' button. This launches the console and sets the paths
> > to point to instant rails version of ruby, rake etc.
> > update rake to version 7: gem update rake
> > update rails to 1.1: rake rails:free:edge REVISION=4091
> > Hammed

Also, be aware the Typo will not run under Rails 1.1.

Sometime in the next week or so we will be releasing Instant Rails 1.1
which will include Rails 1.1.

Curt