Forum: Rails Engines development engine tests don't seem to run at all from trunk

Jim M. (Guest)
on 2006-03-29 12:23
I have checked out from trunk, am on rails 1.1 and ruby 1.8.4

The first problem I ran into was not finding the testing_extensions.

I fixed it by changing this line, and adding the "engines" after "lib"

require File.join(Engines.config(:root), "engines", "lib", "engines",
"testing_extensions")

Then I get pretty much all errors, as it does not seem to find the
fixtures for the user_engine in the login_engine (that figures but why
is it looking there?)

Are these known issues or am I just doing stuff wrong?

I am running the tests as rake test:plugins.

thanks
Chris C. (Guest)
on 2006-03-29 17:15
I have the same problem, you have to change the test_helper.rb file
from
require File.join(Engines.config(:root), "engines", "lib", "engines")
require File.join(Engines.config(:root), "engines", "lib", "engines",
"testing_extensions")
Jim M. (Guest)
on 2006-03-30 01:17
Christophe G. wrote:
> I have the same problem, you have to change the test_helper.rb file
> from
> require File.join(Engines.config(:root), "engines", "lib", "engines")
> require File.join(Engines.config(:root), "engines", "lib", "engines",
> "testing_extensions")

Even with that fix (which I already did) virtually every test fails with
this..

Fixture::FixtureError: Couldn't find a yaml, csv or standard file to
load at ./vendor/plugins/login_engine/test/functional/../fixtures/
(roles_users).
Chris C. (Guest)
on 2006-03-30 01:59
Jim M. wrote:
> Christophe G. wrote:
>> I have the same problem, you have to change the test_helper.rb file
>> from
>> require File.join(Engines.config(:root), "engines", "lib", "engines")
>> require File.join(Engines.config(:root), "engines", "lib", "engines",
>> "testing_extensions")
>
> Even with that fix (which I already did) virtually every test fails with
> this..
>
> Fixture::FixtureError: Couldn't find a yaml, csv or standard file to
> load at ./vendor/plugins/login_engine/test/functional/../fixtures/
> (roles_users).

Not for me, all went fine - You must have something wrong elsewhere
Jim M. (Guest)
on 2006-03-30 10:37
Christophe G. wrote:
> Jim M. wrote:
>> Christophe G. wrote:
>>> I have the same problem, you have to change the test_helper.rb file
>>> from
>>> require File.join(Engines.config(:root), "engines", "lib", "engines")
>>> require File.join(Engines.config(:root), "engines", "lib", "engines",
>>> "testing_extensions")
>>
>> Even with that fix (which I already did) virtually every test fails with
>> this..
>>
>> Fixture::FixtureError: Couldn't find a yaml, csv or standard file to
>> load at ./vendor/plugins/login_engine/test/functional/../fixtures/
>> (roles_users).
>
> Not for me, all went fine - You must have something wrong elsewhere

Do you have user engine installed as well? it seems the login engine
tests don;t run when the userengine is installed.
Chris C. (Guest)
on 2006-03-30 11:57
No, I don't use the login engine - For the moment I'm just using few
classes and files created by the login generator (I don't like
plenty-of-features plugins and plan to write my own login system later),
and they works fine.