Forum: Ruby on Rails Unit tests rail on 1.1, was fine on 1.0

CookieMonster (Guest)
on 2006-03-29 07:10
Running Debian 3.1, ruby 1.8.2, postgresql 7.4.x, rails-1.0 gem and
rails-1.1 (rake freeze_edge).

After if 'rake freeze_edge && rake rails:update' (to rails 1.1), my unit
test fails with an error attempting to create sequence table that
already exists (ie. addresses_id_seq table).

But if I roll back with 'rake rails:unfreeze' (to rails 1.0), my unit
test succeeds without any modifications.

Is anyone else encountering a similar problem?

Not sure why this problem (trying to create sequence tables more than
once) only occurs on rails 1.1.  Any ideas?
CookieMonster (Guest)
on 2006-03-29 08:20
CookieMonster wrote:
> Running Debian 3.1, ruby 1.8.2, postgresql 7.4.x, rails-1.0 gem and
> rails-1.1 (rake freeze_edge).
>
> After if 'rake freeze_edge && rake rails:update' (to rails 1.1), my unit
> test fails with an error attempting to create sequence table that
> already exists (ie. addresses_id_seq table).
>
> But if I roll back with 'rake rails:unfreeze' (to rails 1.0), my unit
> test succeeds without any modifications.
>
> Is anyone else encountering a similar problem?
>
> Not sure why this problem (trying to create sequence tables more than
> once) only occurs on rails 1.1.  Any ideas?

Got more info.

See ticket #4475 at http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/4475

Seems loading of schema.rb isn't working for postgresql.  Using :sql
instead of :ruby as a workaround to avoid using schema.rb but would like
to see this fixed.