Forum: Ruby getting mails to say someone has added to your topic

julian (Guest)
Does this group thing in google have such a facility i wonder, does any
one Know, a bit of a basic question but a question never the less??
julian
Jacob F. (Guest)
On 3/28/06, julian <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Does this group thing in google have such a facility i wonder, does any
> one Know, a bit of a basic question but a question never the less??
> julian

Well, groups.google.com is really just a usenet gateway. When you go
to comp.lang.ruby in google groups, you are reading from/posting to
the usenet newsgroup. That newsgroup is mirrored as the ruby-talk
mailing list. Messages sent to the list generate a post on the
newsgroup, and messages posted to the newsgroup are sent as an email
to the list. So, if you prefer push (email) vs. pull (newsgroup)
access to the contents of the newgroup/list, I suggest just signing up
for the ruby-talk mailing list. This can be done at:

  http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/20020104.html

Jacob F.
Edwin V. (Guest)
on 2006-03-29 02:14
Jacob F. wrote:
> So, if you prefer push (email) vs. pull (newsgroup)
> access to the contents of the newgroup/list, I suggest just signing up
> for the ruby-talk mailing list. This can be done at:
>
>   http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/20020104.html
>
> Jacob F.
You can also join the ruby based frontend for the mailinglist at
http://www.ruby-forum.com/
There you can enable email notification for topics/threads you are
interested in.
julian (Guest)
Ta very much indeed I will follow up you suggestions asap, ta cheers ..