Forum: Ruby on Rails 1.1 won't install!

Olivier L. (Guest)
on 2006-03-28 17:57
I get this result in Terminal (10.4.latest)

pb12-olivier:~ ambush$ gem install rails --include-dependencies
Attempting local installation of 'rails'
Local gem file not found: rails*.gem
Attempting remote installation of 'rails'
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Errno::EACCES)
    Permission denied -
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/cache/activesupport-1.3.0.gem
pb12-olivier:~ ambush$

Thanks for any help!
Mikkel B. (Guest)
sudo gem install rails --include-dependencies

On Tuesday, March 28, 2006, at 3:57 PM, Olivier
Lanctôt-David wrote:

>Thanks for any help!
>
>--

Mikkel B.

www.strongside.dk    - Football Portal(DK)
nflfeed.helenius.org - Football News(DK)
ting.minline.dk      - Buy Old Stuff!(DK)
Olivier L. (Guest)
on 2006-03-28 18:05
Thanks.

I think the 1.1 page should be updated accordingly. Lots of newbies are
going to ask like I did ^_^

Mikkel B. wrote:
> sudo gem install rails --include-dependencies
>
> On Tuesday, March 28, 2006, at 3:57 PM, Olivier
> Lanctôt-David wrote:
>>
>>Thanks for any help!
>>
>>--
>

> Mikkel B.
>
> www.strongside.dk    - Football Portal(DK)
> nflfeed.helenius.org - Football News(DK)
> ting.minline.dk      - Buy Old Stuff!(DK)
Mikkel B. (Guest)
well it isnt anything rails specific...its more OS specific...

On Tuesday, March 28, 2006, at 4:05 PM, Olivier
Lanctôt-David wrote:
>> Lanctôt-David wrote:
>>
>Rails mailing list
>removed_email_address@domain.invalid

Mikkel B.

www.strongside.dk    - Football Portal(DK)
nflfeed.helenius.org - Football News(DK)
ting.minline.dk      - Buy Old Stuff!(DK)
David D. (Guest)
Yeah, I think the assumption is that the person who would be installing
or
updating the Rails gems is in an administrative role, and would
therefore
know to either do that while logged in as root or to use sudo, whichever
floats their boat.

- DD

On 28 Mar 2006 14:08:49 -0000, Mikkel B. <

> >> ting.minline.dk      - Buy Old Stuff!(DK)
> Mikkel B.

David D.
Owner and Web Chef, Practicalmadness
removed_email_address@domain.invalid