Forum: Ruby on Rails Is it possible to upload file with form_remote_tag?

JJ (Guest)
on 2006-03-28 16:12
I have tried to upload a picture file with file_column plugin and
form_remote_tag, but no success.

When I do request.params.inspect it shows null for picture parameters.

With normal form the file uploads nicely, so is it possible to upload
file with form_remote_tag?
john peter (Guest)
that's one thing you can't do with form_remote_tag. it's mentioned on
the
Agile Web D. with Rails book, p. 391 of the Ajax chapter

JJ <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote: I have tried to upload a
picture file
with file_column plugin and
form_remote_tag, but no success.

When I do request.params.inspect it shows null for picture parameters.

With normal form the file uploads nicely, so is it possible to upload
file with form_remote_tag?

However, you can do it with Kyle M.s
<http://www.kylemaxwell.com>plugin.
Kyle M. (Guest)
Which needs to be tested/updated for Rails 1.1....  I'm looking into
it this week.

--
Kyle M.
Chief Technologist
Nicolas B. wrote:
> just so that you know: it works great with rails 1.1. thanks for that
> great
> plugin.

Im trying to install it with Rails and Im having problems. COuld you
guys briefly tell me how to install the three files that comes with Kyle
Maxwell's plugin. Just give me the general steps, Im not completely
illiterate ;).

After you install it, do you just use the form_remote_tag as usual?