Forum: Ruby Ruby and SQL Queries

Josh O. (Guest)
on 2006-03-28 03:16
Hi all,
 I am new to Ruby ( and to Miscrosft SQL). I want to be able to do very
basic queries from ruby to a external MS SQL databse. I have searched
through the web and it seems you have to jump through hoops to get ruby
to talk to a SQL database.

1) Install freedts

2) Install sqlrelay

3) ??

I installed freedts, but I am having problems install sqlrelay (gentoo).
Is there a easier way to do quieries in Ruby?

Thanks,
 Otter
James B. (Guest)
Josh O. wrote:
> 3) ??
This may help

http://ruby-dbi.rubyforge.org/

--
James B.

"Blanket statements are over-rated"
Gregory B. (Guest)
> Hi all,
>  I am new to Ruby ( and to Miscrosft SQL). I want to be able to do very
> basic queries from ruby to a external MS SQL databse. I have searched
> through the web and it seems you have to jump through hoops to get ruby
> to talk to a SQL database.

On windows using the 1 click installer ruby-dbi comes installed by
default with ODBC drivers and you can access MS-SQL that way without
installing anything.