Forum: Rails Engines public/images

Todd W. (Guest)
Is there a reason that public/images isn't overlaid into
engine_files/myengine/images the same way javascripts and stylesheets
are?  Is there a way to turn it on?

-todd[1]
Bart M. (Guest)
Hello,

I also created some images in a new public/images directory this
evening, and I was wondering if it would copy the images directory,
and.... it did! I did not have to turn anything on. Of course you have
to restart webrick. If you're using Apache, I already noticed that it
does not even copy/update the javascripts and stylesheets directory.

Bart
Todd W. (Guest)
On 3/27/06, Bart M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I also created some images in a new public/images directory this
> evening, and I was wondering if it would copy the images directory,
> and.... it did! I did not have to turn anything on. Of course you have
> to restart webrick. If you're using Apache, I already noticed that it
> does not even copy/update the javascripts and stylesheets directory.
>
> Bart

Thanks Bart

I just needed a restart.  I wonder why the directory wasn't there to
begin with?

-todd[1]
James A. (Guest)
When you start Rails (via a webserver or via the console), it will
copy *everything* underneath public/ in your engines into
subdirectories of the main RAILS_ROOT/public folder. If you make
changes to these files, you'll have to restart your server (or console
process) to have them re-copied.

When running a webserver, you'll need to make sure that the user which
your webserver runs as has permission to write files under /public.

- james

On 3/27/06, Todd W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Thanks Bart
>
> I just needed a restart.  I wonder why the directory wasn't there to begin with?
>
> -todd[1]

* J *
  ~
Nshbrown N. (Guest)
Depending on what version of engines you are on, there are also some
helper
methods as well..

Engine_image
Engine_image_src

-Nb

On 3/27/06 3:09 PM, "James A." <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

>>> Bart
>> http://lists.rails-engines.org/listinfo.cgi/engine...
>>

> --
> * J *
>   ~

Nathaniel S. H. Brown                        http://nshb.net
Subimage (Guest)
on 2006-03-29 10:22
Quick, someone write a rake task that copies all public images/js/css
files over so I don't have to...

Include it with the next version of engines too :D
James A. (Guest)
At the moment, calling

  Engines.copy_engine_files(Engines[:your_engine_name])

will do it. I'll make it more convenient in the next release.

- james

On 3/29/06, Subimage <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

* J *
  ~